At QK we have three core values:
- High expectations of yourself and each other
- Seize opportunities
- Always strive to achieve your best
- Go beyond targets set for you
- Pride in the School
- When others stop you persevere
- Get back up when you have been knocked down
- Never give up, especially when it is tough
- When you think you are at your limit, keep going
- Respond positively to challenge
- Strength lies in difference, not similarities
- Show respect and care to the wider community
- Be compassionate to all others
- Build relationships across the school
- Be part of the bigger team
- Help others learn
Ready – Respectful – Safe
This is the code of conduct defining the minimum expectations of students at all times.
- Attend on time, with all equipment including school planner.
- Full school uniform, worn properly.
- All headphones, phones and other electronic equipment out of sight and off. They will be confiscated if seen.
- No gum or food, or fluid other than water.
- Do as you are asked by all members of staff.
- Listen to others, use appropriate language and a polite tone.
- Look after each other, the building, displays and equipment.
- Follow rules for health and safety.
- Keep hands, feet, objects and personal comments to yourself.
- Be in the right place at the right time, and not in unsupervised areas.
- Leave valuables at home, the school is not responsible for them.