All of our students are expected to take pride in their uniform and are responsible for a high standard of personal appearance. They should create a positive first impression within and outside the school at all times. Uniform should be worn properly on the journey to and from school.
Our uniform is smart and practical to wear and we will always endeavour to provide the best value for money. Parents and Carers’s support is critical in enabling us to uphold a high standard of uniform consistently and effectively. Our uniform requirements are in line with the Department of Education’s School uniform ‘Guidance for governing bodies, school leaders, school staff and local authorities’. Our uniform provider is Price and Buckland and all purchase are made through their website with either home or school delivery.
Items which are alternatives or accessories to school uniform should not be worn and are likely to be confiscated. This includes non QK coats anywhere on site (for years 7 to 9) and outdoor wear worn inside the building. Valuables should not be brought into school, the school is not responsible for the loss or theft of any of these items. Those who do not comply with school regulations will be sanctioned, and may be asked to go home, change and return after a telephone call to Parents and Carers to ensure student safety. Persistent disregard for the school uniform will result in further sanctions.
Years 7 to 11
- Grey QK Blazer with School Logo
- Navy blue skirt or trousers
- White Shirt neatly tucked in
- QK tie with relevant Community colour
- Top buttons closed and tie done up to the neck
- QK V Neck Jumper (optional)
- QK Reversible navy blue waterproof jacket at KS3 (optional) which can be worn in the building
- All non QK coats must be black or navy and it must be removed once onsite
- QK School bag (KS3)/A school bag able to hold a minimum of 2 A4 folders (KS4)
- Black leather shoes
- QK blue polo shirt / long sleeved shirt
- QK navy blue shorts
- Navy blue jogging bottoms
- White socks
Jewellery is not permitted except:
- 1 pair of stud earrings
- 1 watch (strongly encouraged for punctuality)
- Religious symbols (with a parental permission letter, see below)
Students are not permitted to wear:
- Caps/ hoods
- Facial piercings
- Excessive make-up
- Extreme hair colours
- Brightly coloured nail vanish or excessive nail extensions
Religious Clothing and Adornments
Quintin Kynaston is respectful of all religions and aims to provide opportunity for students to express their faith. To this end symbols of religion are permitted but must be removed for PE. All other jewellery is unacceptable in accordance with the uniform policy.
Students are permitted to wear a hijab, skullcap and turban to support religious expression. These can be worn in addition to the full school uniform, however alternative religious clothing may not replace school uniform. Headscarves must be dark blue or black with no embellishments.
Students are expected to adopt a professional approach to their sixth form studies and the dress code reflects this. We reserve the right to ask any students to go home to change if it is felt they are inappropriately dressed. ALL students must wear their ID badge and have their diary and school folder with them at all times.
- Smart tailored trousers and for girls trousers, skirt or dress
- Formal shirt and for girls a smart top or blouse
- Plain V-neck pullover or cardigan
- Suit/tailored jacket
- Smart formal shoes
The following guidelines should be observed:
- No jeans
- No trainers, flip flops, canvas shoes, Ugg (or Ugg-like) boots
- No sports clothing – including track suits, football tops
- No shorts
- No sweatshirts
- No leggings
- No slogans
- No vests
- Skirts should be of an appropriate length
- No hats or hooded tops
- Modest dress required at all times
Jewellery should not be excessive or a risk to anyone’s health and safety within the school environment. If it is deemed excessive you will be required to remove it. Hair styles should reflect the overall ethos of the Sixth Form dress code, without any extremes of colour or style.