Our latest Ofsted report can be accessed through this link.
Main headlines from September 2014 inspection.
- ‘Too early’ to see the full impact of planned changes.
- Overall judgement ‘requires improvement’. Standards are not consistently in line with or above the national average in all subjects.
- A majority of the individual judgements are ‘good’, including leadership and management, behaviour and safety and sixth form.
- ‘The headteacher’s decisive approach and clarity of vision are key strengths’.
- ‘Changes have been rapid and palpable….notably the sharp focus on tackling behaviour has led to significant improvements in students’ attitudes to their learning’.
- ‘A knowledgeable governing body…knows very well the strengths and weaknesses’.
- ‘Parents, staff and students agree that there has been a massive improvement in behaviour under the new headteacher.’
- ‘The leadership of the sixth form is strong. The director has galvanised students and staff raised standards and introduced a culture of high expectations and academic rigour’.
Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about our school. Parent View will ask for your opinion on 12 aspects of our school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. Ofsted will then use the information you provide when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when. By sharing your views, you’ll be helping our school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about our school. Please click here to go to the Parent View website.